Nintendo Switch console.
The package will include the main console, Joy-Con (L) and Joy-Con (R) controllers, a Joy-Con grip (to which two Joy-Con are attached and used as one controller), a set of Joy-Con wrist straps, a Nintendo Switch dock (which holds the main console and connects it to a TV), a HDMI cable and an AC adapter.
Nintendo Switch is a breakthrough home video game console.
It not only connects to a TV at home, but it also instantly transforms into an on-the-go handheld using its 6.2-inch screen. For the first time, players can enjoy a full home-console experience anytime, anywhere. The screen includes capacitive multi-touch capabilities for compatible games.
Battery life can last for more than six hours, but will vary depending on the software and usage conditions. For example, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild can be played for roughly three hours on a single charge. While away from home, Nintendo Switch can be charged by plugging the AC adapter into the console’s USB Type-C connector.
The versatile Joy-Con offer multiple surprising new ways for players to have fun.
Two Joy-Con can be used independently, one in each hand, or together as one game controller when attached to the Joy-Con grip. They can also attach to the main console for use in handheld mode, or be shared with friends to enjoy two-player action in supported games.
Each Joy-Con has a full set of buttons and can act as a standalone controller, and each includes an accelerometer and gyroscope motion sensor, making independent left and right motion control possible.
Nintendo Switch also contains a number of built-in features that make it more interactive. The left Joy-Con has a Capture Button that players can press to take instant screenshots of gameplay to share with friends on social media. The right Joy-Con includes an NFC touchpoint for interaction with amiibo figures, as well as an IR Motion Camera that can detect the distance, shape and motion of nearby objects in specially designed games. For example, it can tell how far away a player’s hand is, and even if the hand is forming a rock, paper or scissors shape.
Both Joy-Con include advanced HD rumble, which can provide compatible games with subtle vibrations that are much more realistic than before. The effect is so detailed that a player could, for example, feel the vibration of individual ice cubes colliding inside a glass when shaking a Joy-Con. With HD rumble you can experience a level of realism not possible through sights and sounds alone.
Nintendo Switch makes it easy for players to stay connected.
Up to 8 consoles can be connected for local wireless play. The player can place the console upright anywhere by using the built-in stand, then easily share Joy-Con for multiplayer fun away from the TV. The console will support online Wi-Fi multiplayer gaming.
Nintendo also unveiled a new online subscription service that will begin with a free trial at launch. The service includes a smart-device application available in winter 2017 that will let users invite friends to play online, set play appointments, and chat with one another as the play compatible games. The fully featured paid service will be available in spring.
Nintendo Switch Parental Controls
As a parent, it’s not always easy to keep an eye on your children’s time spent with entertainment devices. The Nintendo Switch Parental Controls app is a free smart device app to help you easily monitor what and how your children are playing.
- Monitor gameplay time – you can set a time limit for how long your child is allowed to play.
- Monitor what your child is playing – you can see which video games your child has been playing, and for how long.
- Restrict your child’s gaming access based on their age.
If you do not have a smart device you can also set certain restrictions on Nintendo Switch directly.
Nintendo Switch™ console
- Size: Approximately 4 inches high, 9.4 inches long, and 0.55 inches deep (with Joy-Con attached)
*The depth from the tip of the analog sticks to the tip of the ZL/ZR buttons is 1.12 inches
- Weight: Approximately .66 lbs
(Approximately .88 lbs when Joy-Con controllers are attached)
- Screen: Multi-touch capacitive touch screen / 6.2-inch LCD Screen / 1280 x 720
- CPU/GPU: NVIDIA Custom Tegra processor
- Storage: 32 GB of internal storage, a portion of which is reserved for use by the system. Users can easily expand storage space using microSDHC or microSDXC cards up to 2TB (sold separately).
- Networking: Nintendo Switch can be connected to the Internet via a wireless (IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac) and Bluetooth 4.1
(In TV mode, Nintendo Switch can be connected by using a wired LAN adapter – sold separately)
- Video output: Up to 1080p via HDMI in TV mode
Up to 720p via built-in screen in tabletop mode and handheld mode
- Audio output: Compatible with 5.1ch Linear PCM output
Output via HDMI connector in TV mode
- Speakers: Stereo
- Buttons: Power button / Volume button
- Headphone/mic jack: 3.5mm audio jack
- Game card slot: Nintendo Switch game cards
- microSD card slot: Compatible with microSD/microSDHC/microSDXC memory cards
*Once the microSDXC card is inserted, a system update will be necessary. An Internet connection is required to perform this system update.
- Sensor: Accelerometer, gyroscope, and brightness sensor
- Operating environment: 41-95 degrees F / 20-80% humidity
- Internal battery: Lithium-ion battery/4310mAh
- Battery life: Approximately 2.5 – 6.5 hours
*The battery life will depend on the games you play. For instance, the battery will last approximately 3 hours for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
- Charging time: Approximately 3 hours
*When charging while the hardware is in sleep mode
Nintendo Switch dock
- Size: Approximately 4.1 inches high, 6.8 inches long, and 2.12 inches deep
- Weight: Approximately .72 lbs
- Output: USB Port (USB 2.0 compatible) x2 on the side, 1 on the back
AC adapter port
- Size: Approximately 4.02 inches high, 1.41 inches long, and 1.12 inches deep
- Vibration” HD Rumble
- Battery life: Approximately 20 hours
*This is an estimate. The battery life may be shortened depending on the usage.
- Charging time: Approximately 3 hours 30 minutes
* Joy-Con controllers are charged by attaching them to a console or charging grip connected to a power supply.
- Weight 1.7 oz
- Buttons: Left Stick
- Wireless: Bluetooth 3.0
- Sensor: Accelorometer
- Weight: 1.8 oz
- Buttons: Right Stick
- Wireless: Bluetooth 3.0
- Sensor: Accelorometer
Motion IR Camera
Terms and conditions apply. See timezone.com.au/termsandconditions